|Date Posted||April 13, 2018|
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented AWS Cloud Engineer to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. In this role you will help architect, design and lead one of Unisys's largest customers in their transitional journey into the AWS cloud platform of services.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
- Serve as senior technical resource in development team’s efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient.
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are implemented.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's Amazon Web Services (AWS) foundational footprint.
- Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS
- Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS
- Migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS using various tools including but not limited to AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool.
- Provide expertise around Business Intelligence (BI) Cloud reporting tools.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of technical professional experience
- Minumum of 3 years of AWS experience
- AWS Associate Level Certification required (Professional desired)
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in AWS architecture
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Services including:
- Management - CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager
- IaaS - EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier
- Data Management - Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Other - Server Migration, Storage Gateway
- Hands-on experiences with CloudFormation and Lambda
- Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (AWSCLI, CloudFormation, …)
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Taking ownership and acting with high sense of urgency, this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.