|Date Posted||March 9, 2018|
Title: DevOps / Cloud Migration Engineer
- AWS cloud
- Oracle Hyperion EPM
- Candidate should be a Senior level hands-on DevOps / Cloud Operations Engineer to join our IT infrastructure/operations team to support migration of on premise/virtual servers in AWS cloud platform.
- We are seeking candidates with excellent problem solving skills and a team player working with other team members to accomplish the goal. Candidate should possess the relevant technical expertise from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, AWS/Google/Azure cloud migration and DevOps. Experience in administering Oracle Hyperion EPM suite of products including but not limited to DRM, Essbase, Smartview, Planning and HFM will be a plus.
DevOps / Cloud Migration Engineer
- Lift and shift on premise / virtual server hosting EPM software suite to AWS cloud
- Optimize AWS cloud platform to its highest efficiency while keeping the cost down
- Automate the AWS infrastructure through code to spin off new environment on request
- Monitor production to support 100% availability
- Administration of Oracle Hyperion EPM Suite including but not limited to Shared Services, Essbase, Planning, HFM, Smartview, Essbase Admin services, Provider services, Financial reporting
- Work with product vendor to address any product related issues
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Certified AWS solution architect
- Experience in maintaining infrastructure as code in AWS Cloud
- Scripting experience in AWS Cloudformation with JSON code
- Thorough understanding of AWS IAM security, VPC/Subnet concepts
- Scripting experience in Ansible playbook YML's
- Experience in AWS load balancers
- Experience in AWS Command Line CLI for accessing/managing EC2, EBS, S3
- Experience in Dynamo DB
- Experience in AWS SQS/SNS
- Experience in AWS AMI custom images & cloning
- Experience in AWS volume snapshots & restore
- Experience in AWS storage management with EBS/EFS
- Experience in AWS EC2 bootstrapping
- Experience in AWS EMR configuration
- Experience in AWS Auto scaling configuration
- Experience in AWS SSO configuration with CA Siteminder
- Experience in migrating Oracle Middleware applications to AWS cloud
- Experience in migrating Oracle Hyperion application to AWS cloud
- Experience in python scripting
- Experience in shell scripting
Experience in the following will be a plus
- Experience in administration of Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Suite (EPM/Hyperion) and Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Experience in Oracle WebLogic administration
- Experience in Apache/Oracle HTTP Web server administration
- Experience in Hyperion Essbase System administration and system performance tuning
- Experience in version control with GIT/STASH
- Hand on experience in linux platform
- Oracle database experience
- Microsoft SQL Server database expertise
- Experience in OBIEE 12c installation/configuration/maintenance
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Operating Systems: Oracle/Redhat Linux, Solaris, Windows Server, Amazon Linux.
- Technologies: Java (JDK), SQL,PL/SQL, Perl, JDBC/ODBC, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS S3, AWS EC2, AWS ELB, AWS EFS, AWS EBS, AWS SQS/SNS
- Application/Web Servers: WebLogic ,Apache , Tomcat, Oracle Http Server, Microsoft IIS.
- Scripting: Java Script, BASH/KSH Shell, Python,Perl, Ansible. Windows Power shell
- Database: Oracle, SQL Server, PostGres, MySQL, Dynamo DB
- IDE Tools/Utilities: JDeveloper10g/11g, Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, SQL Developer, Linux X Window System.
- Version control: Git/Stash, Bit bucket
- AWS scripting: Groovy
- Good "Out-of-the-box thinking" sills
- Good knowledge on DevOps and its tools set such as CICD tools.
- Good experience on using Jira tool for Agile development methodology
- Good experience on using Maven, MS Build and other build
- Deep understanding of Ansible & cloud formation
- Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills.
- 8+ years of experience in general.
- 3 years of experience in AWS cloud
- 5+ years of Tools Experience such as Jira, Jenkins, Selenium, Maven
- Working knowledge on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
Technical Understanding :
- Possess understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
Project Execution :
- Document, validate, and manage requirements
- Walk through the functional requirements, Task estimation to create a project paln
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- Sound Industry knowledge in DevOps & Cloud technologies
- Standard 9-5 shift, Weekend work may be required when scheduled maintenance / patching and/or production issues occur.