|Date Posted||April 15, 2018|
Title Senior Project Manager
Report to: ICT Operations Director, Capita Local Public Services
Capita Local Public Services is part of Capita Plc. Formed in 1984, we are now the UK's leading business process outsourcing (BPO) and professional services company. Capita delivers back office administration and front office customer contact services to private and public sector organisations across the UK and Ireland.
The ICT team provides digital solutions into Public Sector Organisations, supporting many large Local Authorities and Health Care Providers across the UK. This means we live and breathe the goals and objectives of our customers and deliver effective, flexible digital solutions to support their changing business demands to help them succeed now and into the future.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Digital Services to manage a variety of high profile projects to ensure the effective delivery of work and communications with stakeholders. The main duties of the role are:
What you will do:
- Ensure delivery of projects in line with times/cost/quality objectives that add value and are profitable for Capita.
- Plan and coordinate a portfolio of projects and manage their interdependencies in line with the strategic vision for the relevant business area(s)
- Can analyse complex business processes and develop user requirements.
- Develop a full understanding of the business area and can liaise effectively with clients to deliver suitable solutions.
- Apply previous experience of managing all types of IT projects.
- To produce documentation to support project delivery and IT processes.
- To comply with a proven project management methodology.
To manage a project team that may include Capita resources (on and off shore), contractors and 3rd party suppliers.
- Takes the initiative to keep both own and subordinates' skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the PM industry.
- Provide leadership, delivery assurance and support for Project Managers including mentoring of new/junior PM's.
Extensive project management experience in a large complex organisation, with hands on project delivery experience in a local authority.
Previous experience delivering large IT projects including, ideally cloud migration strategies.
Proven ability to makes decisions critical to organisational success.
Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prince 2 qualified and demonstrable experience in project management and use of structured delivery methods.
Have a broad and deep ICT knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the activities of those businesses and other organisations that use and exploit ICT.
Public Sector exposure/experience, ideally within local government.
- Ability to demonstrate financial control of projects.
Prepared to travel to various locations.
The Capita Senior Talent team will be supporting the process. To find out further information and apply contact Alison Page, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.