|Date Posted||May 19, 2020|
Seeking an AWS Cloud Architect/Engineer project in Palm Beach County?
Do you enjoy assisting organizations through their first AWS cloud migration?
We have an immediate 3-6 month contract to migrate on-prem windows server infrastructure to AWS cloud environment!
- Assess, plan, scope out, and schedule cloud migration jobs to AWS cloud.
- Create detailed description of current IT infrastructure inventory.
- Work with Director of IT to determine current budget available to prioritize necessary assets to migrate to AWS.
- Develop migration plan to assess cloud-readiness of applications, what requires application redesign, and create migration method for moving your cloud-ready workloads.
- Coordinate with MSP for assisting in transferring data to AWS cloud.
- Work with Itar consultant to create and execute test plan for addressing data privacy and Itar compliance with AWS cloud deployment.
- Plan for AWS post-migration tasks such as on-going integration, application testing, training, security, compliance, and administration.
- AWS Server Migration Service use and launching of AMI servers via EC2 instances and CloudFormation including replication.
- Migrate virtual machines to OVF format and Windows 10 machines to AWS via ASMS.
- Upload VMDK to S3 buckets.
- Take and clean server snapshots prior to converting VMDK files to Amazon EBS snapshot.
- Delete VMDK file in S3 bucket prior to creating AMI.
- Setup server replication in AWS.
- Organize AWS Server Migration Connectors for each VMWare vCenter environment.
- Implement Transport Layer Security for incremental replicated live server volumes to AWS with reduced server downtime at cutover.
- Capture basic VM inventory of server volumes of VMWare vCenter with AWS Server Migration Connector.
- Configure firewall permissions to allow stateful outbound connections for DHCP, DNS, HTTPS, ICMP, and NTP services for successful cloud deployment.
- Create vCenter service account and IAM user with authority to use AWS SMS.
- Perform server and desktop backups prior to AWS deployment.
- 5+ years of AWS Cloud Architect or Engineer experience.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification required.
- Ability to plan, map, design, engineer, secure, implement, and support robust AWS cloud solutions.