|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
Senior Azure Cloud Engineer
Top Skills Details
They are open to a couple different types of candidates. They feel it's easier to train somebody on the cloud infrastructure piece than the development piece. However, an idea candidate would be more of a DevOps engineer that has worked on code & performed cloud migrations.**IF THEY HAVE A DEVOPS BACKGROUND WITH AZURE, THEY NEED TO HAVE ARCHITECTED OR LED MIGRATIONS AT THEIR CUSTOMER, NOT JUST BEEN A PART OF A TEAM THAT DID THIS. That being said, they are also open to a developer who might be more junior level that they can teach the Cloud practices to as long as he's polished, professional & can work in front of the client. See the top skills below.
1. Scripting/Software development Experience- They are open to different levels of experience here. The ideal candidate would be able to work with Powershell scripting and a form of object-oriented language OR Azure Infrastructure experience. This person would need to have previous experience performing cloud migrations, taking on prem systems, architecting them in the cloud and implementing solutions. Migrations experience needs to be hands-on, not just involved in migration projects. My customer is prioritizing coding experience first and foremost because they feel it is easier to train this person on the cloud based off of the resources they have than train a cloud engineer how to code.
2. Automation Skills- my customer does a lot of work with cost optimization- based on certain circumstances or things in the infrastructure, this person will be writing scripts that will auto scale depending on certain thresholds as well as working on Automated deployments which is infrastructure code that automatically deploys. A lot of the scripting has to do with when they want to rebuild something they want to use. Systems Admin tools that would help manage things.
* Powershell scripting - The question there is what did they do with Powershell. If the answer is some sort of automation like autoscaling or DevOps Pipelines, then that's good. What you have to dig for is what exactly did they do if they say they know Powershell. If they've used Azure, then chances are that they'll say they know Powershell, so you have to dig a little deeper.
* If they've done testing for developers, then they may have some automation experience by automating test cases.
* On AWS, there are things like Lambda functions and automation workflows.
Usually if a person talks about their experience, you can figure out what type of automation/scripting they've done. We're finding that people can pass the tests with basic automation skills. Yes, they can write an automation script, but only for the exact thing they're trying to do. So in this case, the script isn't resilient and breaks easily when a slightly different case is introduced. On the other hand, someone with a development background, usually writes more resilient code.
3. This person needs to be a strong cultural fit and have great communication. Their ultimate goal for this person is for them to lead some of their projects. In order to do this, they will need to be able to be client facing. Previous client facing experience is a huge plus but overall, they need to have trust in this person to represent themselves well in front of the client. This person also needs to have strong, broad IT skills so they can speak to customers about issues that are arising. Experience or understanding of ITIL & Change Management are huge pluses.
As a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer, you will work together with other cloud engineers, architects, developers, and customer engineering teams to:
* Engineer complex Azure cloud infrastructures for both customer and internal environments.
* Support our Azure customers to resolve critical and complex technical issues in a 24x7x365 support model, leveraging your deep technical and product expertise along with your understanding of our customer's needs.
* Lead technical customer engagements.
* Demonstrate critical thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships. The close relationships developed with our customers will empower you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges and help them achieve the greatest value from Azure.
* Deeply engage with our customers to understand their architecture and operations, and work to continuously improve their overall Azure support experience.
* Collaborate with Azure engineering teams to not only support but deliver solutions and new capabilities for our customers most mission-critical Azure deployments.
* Apply an engineering mindset to eliminate top issues impacting customer experience across large and strategic sets of customers.
* Participate in recruiting, mentoring, and ramping up of new Azure Cloud Engineers locally and across sites.
* Develop and present training for the Azure Cloud Engineering team.
* Act as a technical escalation point within the team. Participate in case triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions. Consistently share best practices with team members and help create a knowledge base article to solve/workaround that issue.
* Operational Excellence: Work with leadership on process improvement, operational efficiency, and strategic initiatives.
Work Location: We are currently hiring in Salem, VA as well as REMOTE POSITIONS
Our ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
* 5+ years in a technical position. Desired degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
* Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies is desired.
* Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
* Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity.
* Deep Understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
* Azure Core Platform:Compute, Storage, Networking required
* AKS or Kubernetes engineering highly desired
* Data Platform:SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory
* Application development & debugging experience:C/C++/C#, Python, Node.JS, etc.
* Azure Application Development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services(Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.)
* Website troubleshooting & coding experience:IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
* Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
* Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source) desired.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.