|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Date Posted||January 6, 2022|
Azure Infrastructure Engineer - London - Up to £85,000
We are seeking an Azure and On-premise Infrastructure engineer to join our IT Team. This candidate will work in a team environment on a major transformation and cloud migration project and provide expertise in the areas of on premise and cloud based networking and infrastructure, cybersecurity and access management.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and must be a good communicator. He/she will take a structured approach to project delivery and work to clear timelines with the provision of appropriate levels of documentation. There must be a clear understanding of management of IT risk and single points of failure and design and implementation must achieve the required standards without loss of service during the transition.
Role & Responsibilities
- Setup Active Directory, Group policy and integration with Azure using AD Connect.
- Implement single sign on Identity and access management solution with MFA for employees, partners and customers.
- Design and implementation of cloud based WAN with high performance fault tolerant linkages to on premise systems and customer sites.
- Design and implementation of Azure cloud environment for development and production systems including VNET setup, VPN connectivity, Azure backup and site-recovery.
- Design and upgrade of infrastructure components to remediate risks, single points of failure migration to the cloud and achievement of IS027001 standard.
- Implementation and management of cloud based services such as event hubs, notification systems, alarm systems etc.
- Implementation of cybersecurity tools, processes and metrics to protect networks, clients, servers and data on prem and in the cloud.
- Systems administration, maintenance, and management of on prem company networks and infrastructure
- Responsible for management of IT monitoring systems and identify the appropriate resolution in the event of an incident
- Investigation and Diagnosis - establish failing component, confirm impact, identify any events that may have been a contributing factor
- Working with external stakeholders and outsource service providers on the delivery of infrastructure services and solutions.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, i.e. coaching in the delivery of projects, tasks and/or troubleshooting exercises
- Produce high-quality documentation to support workarounds and/or resolutions to assist in knowledge transfer and efficiencies
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver fault tolerant, scalable, cloud based infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of Unix, Linux, Office 365, and large scale Windows environments
- Web Server and SQL administration experience (IIS preferred).
- Certifications as well as 3+ years hands on experience in Microsoft Azure cloud services design, migration, deployment, management, security and audit as well
- Maintaining applications running in on premise data centers and cloud environments
- Strong scripting experience (preferably Powershell, but other scripting languages also considered).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, routing, load-balancing, SMTP, VPN, Firewalls, IPS devices
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing Identity and access management systems, in particular Active Directory, group policies, single sign on and multifactor authentication.
- Proven track record and qualifications in the implementation of IT standards preferably ITIL or ISO27001.
- Up to 25 days Annual leave
- Flexible working
- Delivering cutting edge technology and services
- Pension and life cover benefits
- Development and Progression