|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Cloud Data Architect - Salary DOE
Can be remote with 1/2 days in office per month (in Edinburgh or Newcastle Upon Tyne)
Are you looking to be a part of a team that is re-thinking the way data is stored and consumed?
The role is to design products and services for the strategic data platform, a platform challenged with delivering the data infrastructure and solutions to complex business requirements.
You'll be responsibile for owning and updating the full infrastructure design of the platform, covering ingestion of raw data into the data lake and through the full life-cycle of data and associated architecture.
- Liaising with CIO Infrastructure, Security and Operational teams to support end-to-end development lifecycle and release to live.
- Act as a design and technical lead in the team on architecture and infrastructure for Data related toolsets, challenging where needed and having the knowledge and communication skills to influence and to defend decisions made.
- Evaluate emerging or novel technologies, understanding how they would integrate into the data platform.
- Feeding into the cloud strategy from a Data/EDS perspective, consideration for migration strategies from one cloud provider to another, integration of architecture in a multi-cloud strategy for a data platform.
- Perform the role of reviewing costs, cost optimisation and cost modelling for the Data Platform.
- Experience in multiple and emerging technologies. AWS/Azure, CI/CD, Spark, APIs, ETL/ELT, Lambda, Python and Jenkins are just a few of the skill sets used within the area.
- AWS/ Azure Cloud Experience
- Data and Analytics platforms using Cloud infrastructure.
- Big Data (Spark/Hadoop)
- Real time Data - Kafka
- Data Science tooling(R-Studio, Shiny, other).
- Machine Learning
- IAC (Terraform/ Cloudformation)
- Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes)
- CI/CD, Jenkins
- Python/Scala/ Java
To apply or for more information on the role please apply below and I'll reach out to you to discuss further.