|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
SkillStorm is seeking a Cloud Associate System Engineer for one of our clients in Jacksonville, FL.
Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position.
- Good knowledge of implementation of a variety of secure & scalable cloud infrastructure solutions On AWS.
- Good knowledge scalable designs for migrating applications to AWS, Azure, private clouds.
- Support the GuideWell team by creating solution options and estimates for cloud migration projects.
- Collaborate closely with customer point of contacts as well as internal teams to optimize delivery.
- Document standard operating procedures with appropriate controls to ensure smooth delivery.
- Be the cloud champion by continuously learning new technologies and identifying technical areas for GuideWell to invest in, to stay ahead in the market.
- Follow cloud technologies roadmap so that new solutions can be proposed to customers.
- Good understanding / knowledge of implementation of AWS organizations, IAM policies and AWS network architecture including VPCs, Subnets, Direct Connect
Skills & Experience:
- 12 month+ of hands-on cloud migration experience in AWS.
- Practical experience designing and building solutions utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, KMS, Lambda, IAM, Kinesis, ECS.
- Knowledge in AWS cloud infrastructure is mandatory; Strong work experience in SAN, OS, network, disaster recovery, high availability, firewalls, load balancers, and other advanced hardware concepts, clustering and VMWare etc. is required.
- Extensive experience with one or more orchestration/automation platforms: AWS CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Practical experience working in DevOps team/organizations with applied skills in scripting, Git, Maven/Nexus and Jenkins.
- Must be very well versed in cloud security and must be able to educate customers on moving to the cloud.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS databases on the cloud is preferred.
- Past work experience designing and architecting cloud migration projects is mandatory.
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Consistent incorporation of best practices and standards in delivery.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills – able to influence customer stakeholders.
- Team player & ability to work proactively, provide mentor ship & directions to the team & take technical decisions with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn new technology/new concepts.
- Good To Have AWS Certified Solutions architect – Associate.
- Experience provisioning, administering and troubleshooting a majority of services on Cloud Platforms.
- Experience in automation using one or more automation platforms such as Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible