|Date Posted||January 7, 2022|
As a Cloud and Data Architect, you will be responsible for leading architectural decisions for the Cloud, and Data Enterprise Portfolios. You must have a deep understanding of technical architecture and have implemented solutions in a cloud environment focused on AWS or Azure. Knowledge of industry best practices around enterprise cloud security, architectures, and patterns. Experience with micro-services architectures and cloud migration for data is a plus. The architect will need to have experience implementing security for Technical/Deployment Architectures in the AWS Services as well as experience with Engineering Tools and capabilities to solve for inter-service communication, data hydration, application security, platform resiliency etc. Technical experience with multi-cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus. Strong interpersonal communications skill is required.
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor to business teams and partner with them to understand their requirements for cloud implementations
- Provide recommendations to clients with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for AWS adoption
- Create application architecture, data architecture, deployment architectures, functional design specifications and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that address customers' requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Collaborate with other project teams and other laterals such as Information Security, Compliance, Controls, etc. on technical solutions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 12+ years of progressive hands-on experience in application development with 6 years of solution architecture, systems architecture and engineering, analysis and applications programming, technical team leadership role is required
- Expertise in implementing complex full stack applications and practices for stack solutions including API, Micro-Services, Streaming etc. in large Enterprise Data organizations
- Expertise in managing Enterprise Data platforms with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL platforms is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in working with AWS or Azure as a solution architecture is required
- Familiarity with Planning, Design, Road maps, POC implementations for AWS Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with AWS database services such as PostgreSQL RDS, Aurora is a must
- Expertise in designing solution architecture with a view towards resiliency, availability and very comfortable in designing Failover and Recovery strategies
- Familiarity with designing logging framework for cloud watch for all deployed apps
- Good Knowledge of AWS security services is required
- Should be able to demonstrate sharing strategies for future scaling and performance
- Should have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree is preferred
- AWS Professional Certification is preferred. AWS Architecture Associate Certification or equivalent Azure Architecture Associate certification is a must
- CISSP certification a plus
- Strong ability in communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in creating visual concepts, creating content, and editing content by hand or with the help with computer software to communicate ideas.
- Skilled in supporting, controlling, monitoring, and management of large, complex, and sometimes geographically dispersed IT infrastructure and applications in order to optimize IT service delivery.
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion.
- Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Experience with Architecture principles and TOGAF framework is a plus
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives Tools
- Skilled in draw.io
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms.
- Experience using JIRA
- Skilled in using Enterprise Architect
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in Docker
- Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage Microsoft operating systems and processes
- Skilled in Azure
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in XML
- Skilled in Cloud Migration (Re-platform)