|Date Posted||June 27, 2020|
Cloud Database Engineer will refactor applications and migrate them from on premise data centers to AWS and Azure cloud environments using IaaS and PaaS services for our Federal and DoD customers.The Cloud Database Engineer develops plans to migrate data from on-premise application systems to a commercial cloud solution and provide secure and managed data solutions in the cloud.
- Designs and implements On-Prem to Cloud secure Data migration solutions
- Designs and implements secure Cloud data backup and recovery storage solutions
- Designs complex, mission-critical enterprise cloud database solutions for Federal and Department of Defense (DoD) customers
- Develops database refactoring and re-platforming designs targeting commercial clouds AWS / Azure using IaaS and PaaS services
• Creates and presents cloud database solution designs, options, ideas and innovations to our customers
- Assists with converting application code and databases to modern languages and structures using automated tools
- Integrates converted code, new databases, and interfaces into the modernized application
- Establishes project estimates and plans, identifies risks and mitigations, oversees development and delivery of technical solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline
- AWS or Azure Cloud Certification desired
- Database Technical Certification desired
- 5+ years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of modern application design principles
- Experience with commercial cloud-provide database services (database as a service)
- Experience working with Agile DevSecOps team environment
- Familiar with Microservices and componentized architectures
- Familiar using Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems
- DoD Secret security clearance or higher
Must be DOD 8570 Level II compliant
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.