|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
ECS is seeking a Cloud Migration Analyst to work in our Arlington, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
Join us as we support DHS in its efforts to establish enterprise level cloud infrastructure services and modernize and migrate applications to the cloud. As a Sr. Business Analyst/Migration Specialist, you will directly support a fast-paced, high energy team in defining, implementing, and improving service management processes for multiple cloud services. You will also support infrastructure and development teams with the assessment, planning, and migration management for customer applications and systems moving to the target environment.
Successful candidates will have strong experience working with complex IT systems and be able to understand and communicate the business value and impact of technical services and requirements. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and thrive in operating in ambiguous environments across a range of stakeholder groups to communicate challenges, risks and issues, promote solutions, and lead efforts to establish operational efficiencies.
As a member of this team you will:
- Drive the upfront engagement with assigned systems and track all tasks associated with full migration lifecycle via JIRA.
- This will include ensuring that vital groups (engineering, DHS stakeholders, system owners) stay engaged and informed while also actively driving the removal of blockers.
- Document current cloud migrations processes and identify and recommend ways to improve those processes to become more efficient.
- Additionally, where gaps emerge, establish new processes to facilitate successful migrations and service management.
- Attend meetings or connect with other resources to capture and then track important decisions, action items, requirements, timelines, and system information.
- Additionally, support ongoing maintenance of Migration Documentation (design documents, MOAs, customer briefings, etc)
- Promote a positive customer experience for the organization by ensuring all parties are aware of their assigned tasks, answering any process related questions, and capturing customer pain points for future remedy.
- Manage customer system migration from initial discovery through transition to O&M and collect customer acceptance/feedback on their experience
- Develop strategic communications plans and support the development of process documentation guides, status reports, playbooks, success stories, and presentations designed to inform key stakeholders and customers
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Able to obtain DHS Public Trust
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience with 5 years of experience in IT Systems Analysis or IT Operations Management, PMP preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to translate conceptual requirements into business and functional requirements
- Experience gathering and documenting business and functional requirements
- Experience managing projects across development lifecycles (analysis through implementation)
- Track record of successfully managing multiple projects of varying scope, size, and complexity
- Familiar with software or systems development lifecycles
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Ability to multi‐task and effectively prioritize competing requirements
- Self‐starter who can quickly acclimate to a fast‐paced environment
- Experience with managing Cloud Infrastructure environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with the Atlassian Confluence and JIRA
- Familiarity with DHS standards for Systems Engineering Lifecycle, Security and Vulnerability Management, and industry best practices for IT Service Management (ITSM/ITIL)
- Multi‐task effectively between business analysis and project management activities
- Experience with financial management and analysis
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.