|Date Posted||September 11, 2020|
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Cloud Migration Augmentation Engineer to work in Fidelity’s Asset Management technology group in Merrimack, NH.
AMT is looking for a strong, full-stack software engineer and leader that has an enthusiasm for cloud-based platforms and an interest in providing mentorship and relationship management to support development teams’ migration onto the cloud. This multi-year program will aid AMT’s transformation towards a fully cloud-enabled business unit by 2022.
As a member of the Cloud Enablement workstream you will provide technical and subject-matter expertise through full-stack support to developers using our Cloud Foundations Pipelines. As a developer, you will handle your own suite of migration engagements and work reciprocally with other Migration Augmentation team members.
The Expertise You Have
- 7+ years’ experience delivering applications and services in a distributed environment.
- Full-stack development experience using Java, Tomcat, Spring boot, Angular and database platforms with strong debugging and performance tuning acuity.
- Hands-on implementation experience with scripting languages (e.g. bash, Unix, Python, JSON, Chef, Ansible).
- Detailed knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management Tools (e.g. Stash, Jenkins, uDeploy) and tried familiarity with foundational cloud elements (Concourse, Cloud Formation, Containers).
- Strong Familiarity with Amazon Web Service capabilities (AWS Certification is recommended and/or preferred).
- Good technical foundation with a strategic and innovative mentality and an ability to run multiple priorities concurrently.
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to implement clear goals with the application migration process as a customer concern point for consolidating issues, questions or technical challenges associated with migration development activities.
- Expertise in agile/scrum comprehension and completion, along with innovation and partnership; eager to learn and adapt every day.
- Critical thinking with focus on delivery execution, the quality of outcomes and a validated ability to work in a fast paced, multifaceted environment.
- Coordination of your work through good interpersonal, influencing and relationship leadership skills.
- Efficiency in solving relevant problems with ownership and accountability for results.
The Value You Deliver
- Act as a liaison between development teams and Cloud Enablement coordinators to represent and handle migration progress and assist in the elimination of roadblocks encountered through “wave” migration.
- Provide support to the Cloud Engagement Coordinator in planning, prioritization and sequence of migrations to cloud-based infrastructure with an emphasis on US-based development teams and platforms through a sequence of achievements.
- Nurture an outstanding delivery team and developer experience through training, mentorship, standard methodologies, on-boarding and hands-on development in support of reaching our goals.
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in crafting and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our dedication to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and expansive work environment where we respect and value our associate for their outstanding perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.