|Location||Joint Base Andrews, MD|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2019|
CLOUD INTEGRATION SPECIALIST
JOINT BASE ANDREWS, MARYLAND
Secret clearance is required.
If you are interested in a role on a large, enterprisewide effort - here is your chance! We seek an individual that can assist with a major cloud integration initiative.
SAF/CIO-mandated application rationalization and data center consolidation of all ANG on-premise applications from the on-premise data center to the cloud where appropriate. Technical engineering and network architecture definition support of NGB initiatives, ensuring compliance with SAF/CIO-mandated Application Rationalization (AppRat); Federal CIO, Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI); and the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA). Efforts include a broad range of both enterprise and standalone applications and systems.
The ultimate goal of AppRat being the migration of capabilities to an appropriate cloud environment.
Cloud Migration support requirements shall include:
- Provide system engineering migration planning to DISAs MiLCloud and/or commercial cloud hosting solution.
- Develop written cloud migration costs, plans, timelines and schedules.
- Participate in development efforts, providing writing support for proposals and briefings.
- Coordinate requirements and associated paperwork with stakeholders across the DOD Cloud migration effort to include Air Force Life Cycle Management Center AFLCMC), Managed Services Office (MSO), 24AF.
- Follow ANG Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) processes and submit Change Requests to the (NOSC) via the Remedy system. All alterations to ANG network require an approved change request. These change requests are much like an incident ticket but are for network changes only. Typically they are a sequence of tasks in the USAF Remedy ticketing system. Typically CRQs are submitted 14 days prior to scheduling actual work.
- Participate in a Technical Review Board (TRB) explaining changes the Change Advisory Board (CAB) for approval. Implement change requests upon approval. The Government estimates up to 1-2 change requests each month possible during migration efforts.
- Create/update/close as necessary incident tickets in Remedy ticketing system to support any network support that falls outside of project integration tasks for any issue discovery to be upchanneled or to document occasional ad-hoc troubleshooting and support for random network incidents beyond the capability of local staff.
- Provide integration support of all application or system functionality to the designated cloud environment. An integration task is defined as: any work that is part of an enterprise project that introduces changes into existing systems managed by ANG and/or USAF and is separate from normal day to day operations.
- Coordinate and assist system owners and migration teams with cutover activities.
- Develop recommended configurations, coordinate, and support cutover testing in both the cloud test and production environments.
- Provide enterprise logical and physical network and architecture drawings.
- Provide artifacts for National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF) Security Authorization efforts.
- Participate in NGB/A2/3/6/10W Integrated Project Team meetings, IT project meetings, and telephone conferences in support of project deployments and integration.
BA/BS or the equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of professional IT project experience
- Compliant IAT Level II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M (such as Security+ or SSCP etc.)
- Understanding of NIPRNET and SIPRNET enclaves
- Knowledge of computer system and network infrastructure project management
- Knowledge of routing WAN/LAN fundamentals
- Experience with Cloud computing fundamentals and cloud migrations
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and IT planning input to the process NIST 800-37rev1 RMF
- Understanding of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security
- Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Knowledge of how changes in conditions, operations and the environment of information technology and voice system interconnectedness affect operational nature and end-user experience.
- Ability to review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity
- Ability to analyze workflow, establish priorities, comply with standards and meet planning, integration, organization deadlines
Desired: Project Management Institute Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or equivalent or higher PM level certification
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector.
Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.