|Date Posted||October 4, 2019|
Capgemini Government Solutions (CGGS) LLC is seeking a highlymotivated and experiencedCloud Network Engineer to join our team in the DC Metro Area to support our government clients.This is a remote role, thecandidate can be located anywhere in the United States. The successful applicant will provide operational input and support for the operations, maintenance, and refinement of client's Enterprise Cloud environment, execution support for migrating new and legacy applications and services to cloud computing and continuous improvement of client's IT infrastructure. The candidate will support our clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape. This includes working with our Cloud Architects when interviewing clients to understand application and infrastructure current state. Working with our Cloud Architects leading client working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans. Working with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform. The Cloud Network Engineer must have expertise with Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillset, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGGS' capabilities to serve our clients.
As a Cloud Network Engineer, you will:
- Assist Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that enable our client to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configure monitoring solution for AWS for Windows and Linux servers.
- Assisting with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage.
- Configure and support backbones connection over DirectConnect (AWS), ExpressRoute (Azure), and a variety of direct BPE connection handled over CSR1000.
- Maintain allocation of IP CIDR block, perform maintenance involving modification of VPC within respective CSP.
- Verify and take required action on events aggregated from network monitoring tools and Web Application Firewall using approved tools.
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause of issues.
- Apply network system updates, patches, configuration changes.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain Government Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline. (8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive experience and knowledge to design, code, test, debug and document software in a variety of programming languages.
- Knowledge of the latest programming languages and techniques.
- Extensive experience in creating strategies for developing IT systems and applications.
- Experience in evaluating alternative approaches and selecting optimal approaches.
- Previous Federal Government experience.
- Experience with client's configuration of IBM Rational Toolset for management, configuration and reporting of work products.
- Experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment at Maturity Level 3 or above.
- One or more Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications.
- ITIL certification or experience with ITIL.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant cloud experience in AWS and/or Azure.
- Active clearance for Public Trust (High-Risk) Position.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps model.
- Experience with server scripting and modern deployment and configuration management techniques and tools (Ansible, Ops Works, etc.).
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification, or other advanced networking certification.
- Experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture.
- Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Knowledge and experience resolving security vulnerabilities
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client's opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us atwww.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
#cggsjobs #ondice #cb