|Location||Silver Spring, MD|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2020|
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
General Dynamic Information Technology’s (GDIT’s) has an opportunity for a Lead Cloud Engineer working within the Federal Civilian Division, supporting an exciting new project at NOAA. We are seeking a proven technologist with experience providing cloud professional services. The Lead Cloud Engineer will perform requirements gathering, design, development and implementation of a hybrid cloud architecture with IaaS offered by a Cloud Service Provider. Position is for full time employment and will be based at GDIT’s office in the Washington DC/NC area. Remote/Telework will be considered.
Detailed duties include studies of Cloud Business Process Re-Engineering that:
- Show the impact on confidentiality, integrity and availability of services,
- Show the impact to cloud infrastructure operating costs,
- Describe the technical architecture including the Virtual Private Cloud design,
- Explore cost benefit analysis compared to traditional data center deployments,
- Identify labor costs associated with a cloud instance
- Impact to the A&A workload and on the ATO
- Impact to existing cross-domain requirements between IL-5 & IL-6 zones.
- Technologies, techniques and frameworks desired:
- Knowledge and use of Cloud-based storage solutions and cloud data migration tools and techniques like SurPaaS
- Expertise in architecture and use of IaaS, SaaS and PaaS offering from Microsoft Azure and AWS as well delivering hybrid/multi-cloud solutions
- Infrastructure as Code and immutable infrastructure fundamentals and infrastructure automation using scripting and APIs for automating and orchestrating system instances
- Application of virtualization technologies in a cloud environment including VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes
- Data and storage management best practices using a variety of commercial and Cloud solutions
- Understanding of the NIST RMF Framework and familiarity with the ATO process
- Best practice in scalability, availability, observability and sustainability of architected solutions
- A Public Trust is required for this position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA MD Silver Spring
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.