|Date Posted||January 14, 2020|
Data Migration Specialist
Join CoStar Real Estate Manager, a division of CoStar Group, a $1.3B fast-growing provider of cloud-based data and applications for the commercial real estate industry and corporations leasing real estate (https://www.costar.com/about#). CoStar Real Estate Manager (https://costarmanager.com/) has had rapid growth of almost 100% annually since 2017, and is seeking a Data Migration Specialist to join our team. As a fast-growing industry leader, CoStar has strong professional growth potential, competitive compensation, and industry-leading employee benefits.
The ideal candidate will be able to analyze the current method of data migration from mainframe application data to distributed database formats and provide recommendations for processing. The Data Migration Specialist will analyze the method of transforming existing data into a format for the new environment and the loading of this data into other database structures. They will review existing migration tools, provide recommendations for improving performance of the migration process and necessary change and support documentation
- Work with customers in gathering technical requirements for data migration needs.
- Work across multiple functional projects to understand data usage and implications for data migration.
- Assist in designing, planning and managing the data migration process.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
- Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
- Develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
- Perform source system data analysis in order to manage source to target data mapping.
- Perform migration and testing of static data and transaction data from one core system to another.
- Manage cross-program data assurance for physical data items in source and target systems.
- Responsible for ETL, data mapping, and data integration
- Work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
- Share knowledge with team members and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- Ensure Data Quality and Data Integrity is maintained. Use customer data & usage to inform product opportunities and evaluate results.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server and ETL processes.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to analyze data, integrate data.
- Possess technical understanding of Web-based application environments, be proficient in Microsoft Office Professional.
- Provide guidance, assistance, coordination and follow up on client questions, problems or malfunctions of feed related systems applications.
- Document problems and solutions in the TFS ticketing system and Salesforce.
- Inform management of potential problems and identifies problem trends.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing