|Date Posted||June 24, 2020|
Our client, one of the largest Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner for data services, is looking for a Database Migration Lead to join their elite team of technologists to build and contribute to large-scale, innovative projects.
Our client builds and operates a suite of regulatory applications to streamline and unify the mortgage licensing process across all participating state and federal regulators. Our client is starting a project to migrate the suite of applications and databases into AWS. This job requisition is seeking an individual to lead the database migration effort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and lead the database migration effort from development, quality assurance through automated database deployment
- Define the overall database migration approach and manage all migration tasks to accomplish the goal.
- Serve as a database expert technical resource for other application DBAs and the application team.
- Develop relationships and drive collaboration across application teams, infrastructure, and engineering teams to ensure quality delivery of the project.
- Develop and implement process to manage the migration effort.
- Provide clear and timely communication regarding changes, and coordinate across teams to ensure frequent application/database deployment throughout the migration effort.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- 7 or more years as a hands-on technologist with a good mix of application development and database development.
- AWS RDS experience.
- Experience migrating databases from an on premises environment to the cloud (preferably to AWS RDS).
- Ability to address issues of data migration, data validation, data cleanliness, data lineage, and data integrity.
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL experience on Oracle 11/12/18/19 in a Cloud based environment.
- Understands continuous delivery principles and has experience managing / automating database deployments.
- Experience leading the design, development, implementation and continued support of data-oriented projects.
- Ability to conceptualize data design including data movement design
- Thorough understanding of data architecture design patterns
- Experience acting as a mentor to members of your team.
- Demonstrated leadership that creates and supports teamwork, innovation and open communications within the team.
- Foundational knowledge of application architecture and its integration with data architecture
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in modeling concepts.
- Strong understanding of performance analysis, tuning and optimization.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves to do the research necessary to define data and application requirements.
- Will be expected to support production activities which would require non-business hour availability.
- Must be familiar and stay current with industry best practices and trends related to data ingestion and database design/development.
- Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn and implement new Data technologies as needed.
- Experience working on an agile/Scrum application team.
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.