|February 7, 2024
Montefiore is ranked among the top hospitals nationally and regionally by U.S. News & World Report. For more than 100 years we have been innovating new treatments, procedures, and approaches to patient care, producing stellar outcomes and raising the bar for academic medical centers in the region and around the world.
Montefiore requires employees to reside in NY, NJ, CT, or PA and to be immunized including for COVID and flu.
As we migrate from on-prem to cloud technology, our award-winning IT organization seeks an IT Architect to develop and implement hybrid strategy and solutions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive hybrid cloud strategy that aligns with business goals and IT requirements.
- Design solutions for seamless integration and data exchange between on-premises infrastructure and Azure or AWS.
- Identify opportunities for workload optimization, cost reduction, and performance enhancement.
- Architect, configure, and maintain hybrid cloud infrastructure components
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, deploy and maintain VDI solutions.
- Lead the setup of network connectivity, security protocols, and data replication strategies between on-premises and cloud environments.
- Collaborate with IT Security to develop and enforce security best practices and robust authentication, access control, encryption, and monitoring mechanisms.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles to ensure consistent and repeatable environment provisioning.
- Monitor the performance of hybrid cloud infrastructure and promptly address any issues or bottlenecks.
- Analyze system metrics, logs, and alerts to identify trends, anticipate problems, and implement proactive solutions.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems across the hybrid environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, operations, and business stakeholders, to understand requirements and provide technical guidance.
- Create comprehensive documentation for architecture, configurations, processes, and best practices.
- Participate in knowledge-sharing activities to foster the professional development of team members.
- Proven experience as an IT Architect including creating cloud Landing Zone and migrating on-prem workloads to a cloud environment.
- Strong expertise in scripting, VMware, VDI, and Azure or AWS
- Knowledge of networking principles, security protocols, and best practices for public and private cloud environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and a proactive attitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with diverse teams.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work in a fast-paced environment.
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 214735 Salary Range/Pay Rate: $122,100.00 - $162,800.00
For positions that have only a rate listed, the displayed rate is the hiring rate but could be subject to change based on shift differential, experience, education or other relevant factors.
To learn more about the "Montefiore Difference" - who we are at Montefiore and all that we have to offer our associates, please click here.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values of Montefiore. We are committed to recruiting and creating an environment in which associates feel empowered to thrive and be their authentic selves through our inclusive culture. We welcome your interest and invite you to join us.
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To heal, to teach, to discover and to advance the health of the communities we serve.
To be a premier academic medical center that transforms health and enriches lives.
Define our philosophy of care, they shape our actions and motivate and inspire us to pursue excellence and achieve the goals we have set forth for the future. Our values include: