|Published||June 13, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Modis is currently seeking a remote Cloud Migration Specialist to join an industry-leading provider of Cloud migration strategies for some of the largest companies in the world. The Cloud Migration Specialist will be primarily responsible for the successful design, build and migration of applications, software and services to the cloud. Additionally, this role provides technical consultation to clients and recommends improvements, modifications, and new solutions accordingly. This company is a premier provider of cloud migration services and offers very competitive pay, generous benefits, and an outstanding company culture!
- Participate and drive discussions with technical and business teams
- Ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software and services to the cloud
- Design exercises to migrate systems onto Google Cloud (or other public clouds as needed)
- Identify and implement workarounds for specific issues as they arise
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Develop test plans and cases to demonstrate readiness post-migration
- Advise clients on best practices related to migration, native architecture and site reliability
- Coordinate with application teams to ensure business functionality and that service level agreements are met
- Analyze databases and make recommendations to optimize performance after migration
- Use Google Cloud technologies, components and supporting services
- Partner with sales teams to educate customers and design solutions that drive adoption and revenue
- Conduct technical sessions for partners, customers and teammates
- Contribute to internal knowledge bases
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) in technical discipline (Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field)
- MUST BE authorized to work in the USA
- Minimum four+ years of experience in technical positions
- Lead role in a least two recent cloud migration initiatives within last two-three years and having at 75+ VMs or containers being migrated
- Experience migrating VMWare workloads into a cloud provider
- 3+ Years recent experience on Cloud Platform including AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong programming skills in Java and/or Python
- Experience integrating multiple databases including oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Experience with SDLC and agile/iterative methodologies
- Implementation experience with primary cloud services
- Currently certified on either GCP, AWS, Azure (or more than one)
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (e.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell, Perl, Groovy)
- Configuration management using Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience with database programming like PL, SQL, etc.
- Strategic thinking about business, product and technical challenges
- Experience with integration of cloud services with on-premises technologies including Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP, etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management (e.g. security,privacy, SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
Please apply today if you are interested in this high growth opportunity with an industry leading company!