|Date Posted||January 10, 2020|
Travel Required: Less than 10%
milCloud® 2.0 is a Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) led program that connects commercial cloud service offerings to Department of Defense (DoD) networks in a private deployment model. This provides DoD mission partners the latest scalable cloud technology and operates at Impact Level 5 and 6 of the Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. milCloud® 2.0 works to improve availability and performance of datacenter services and reduces the DoD’s total cost of ownership for delivering infrastructure services.
GDIT is looking for a Senior Cloud Migration Engineer with network and systems engineering experience to provide support for a large number of workload Migrations from our Mission Partner environments into the milCloud® 2.0 cloud. The Senior Cloud Migration Engineer responsibilities include: Evaluating, recommending, improving and executing Migration strategies, to include expert knowledge of various tools and optimization techniques as they apply to specific and unique nuances of each Mission Partner environment; Planning and sequencing events both directly with the Mission Partner and across the migration team’s capabilities and capacity; Client-facing activities to engage with the Mission Partner to understand their environment and objectives, and to convey the elements of the migration set expectations for their participation and the timeline; Directing team activities and mentoring junior team members as required.
This position will be located in Chantilly, VA in GDIT facilities. Telecommuting will be permitted.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide expert-level analysis and execution in all aspects of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Services, Cloud Migrations, Migration Tools and Techniques, and Migration Planning.
- Plan, sequence, execute, and de-conflict migration engineering activities across a team.
- Provide Cloud-Readiness assessments for Mission Partners to identify gaps and provide recommended courses of action.
- Provide subject matter expertise for VPC architecture, deployments, network designs and VPN connections
- Evaluate and recommend cloud migration tools, techniques, and best practices, to include designing and executing proof-of-concept and pilot efforts.
- Active DoD SECRET w/SSBI security clearance to include eligibility for DISA IT1
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems
- 10 years of related experience
- Information Assurance Technical Level 2 Certification (e.g. CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Hands-on experience in setup, management, and re-deployment of virtualized infrastructure
- Successful system migrations of virtualized infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of modern cloud provider concepts and methodologies, such as AWS, Azure, IBM, or GCP infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of VMware, Openshift , or Docker Containerization.
- Experience in process automation
- Highly analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation (verbal/written) skills; Comfortable in presenting to audiences of all levels of technical proficiency
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Master of Science Degree and 8 years related experience
- Professional experience and appropriate technical certifications
- Modern cloud solution certifications are strongly preferred (Cloud+, AWS, or Azure)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.