|Date Posted||October 5, 2021|
Senior Health Data Migration Engineer
Assess the current EHRM data migration requirements; maintain and update the strategy to meet the requirements. Review error and trace logs. Track messages by domain and reconcile table counts with Cerner. Review secure data message transmission logs. Track the number of records sent per message by domain. Monitor Queue Depth by service/process/operation. Track retry attempts and suspended messages. Validate and update data integration reports in support of VX130 data domains.
Review, update, and maintain Cerner to CDW, VistA, Millennium or Cloud Database data mappings for potential data migrations. Evaluate and integrate data from multiple sources, which requires data mapping from one data source to another minimizing any data loss. Document VistA Extraction and monitoring process and update existing documentation quarterly. Interpret Cerner’s Data model to be used for the construction of API’s, queries, and reports that will be consumed by internal or external applications.
Review Domain adds to Ensemble Production. Validate edits made to Domain record type, schema version, status, and payload size via the GUI Interface and Rule Builder. Validate Ensemble data flows built using VX130 ClassBuilder. Validate the load of Cache/IRIS Objects, SQL Tables or other storage structures
(Historical Pulls) in all regions/districts for classes in all environments with VistA or Data Syndication data. Requirements Basic qualifications:
• Minimum of 15 years of experience. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
• Be able to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
• Able to coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed.
• Experienced in introducing new hardware or software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks.
• Able to be cost conscience as well addressing goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing EHR
- Experience with VA and DoD legacy health data, and private sector health data
- Experience with Extraction, Transformation, and Loading of data between systems
- Knowledge and experience handling VistA data