|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
Position: Workday Data Migration Lead
Location: Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Duration: 6-12 Months
The Workday Data Migration Lead is a key resource for the city as we move from legacy systems to Workday. This person will have excellent communication skills as they work with the functional leads and SME’s to determine the data to be moved into Workday. This person will communicate conversion solutions across the project, products and the business.
- Responsible for providing technical knowledge and expertise related to current systems
- Lead the data mapping activities from the legacy systems to Workday with support from Client functional leads and SMEs
- Build the data migration programs from legacy systems
- Collaborate across teams for mapping data from legacy systems, transforming data, loading data, and building custom data migration solutions.
- Lead data validation activities
- Manage teams in the identification of technical requirements, design, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Design, Build, Implement, and Support New and Existing Conversions Solutions across Multiple Applications Platform
- Communicate conversion Solutions across project, product, business and quality assurance
- Manage resources and budget on client projects.
- Assist and drive the team by providing oversight.
- Design, develop, and implement high-quality data migration solutions in order to meet project expectations and deadlines.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems, Web Services APIs, and SQL with an emphasis on ETL, performance tuning, and analytics use cases
- Familiarity programming in languages commonly used for data management and data science/statistics, such as Python
- Support and lead other team members on projects
- Utilize your excellent problem-solving skills to meet business requirements with technical solutions.
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills; an innate ability to utilize all resources at your disposal to find a creative solution to a problem, whether business/functional or technical in nature
- A desire to take initiative and continuously work on improving the products you are responsible for
- A general interest in relevant emerging technologies such as cloud-native services, and a constant thirst to further your own technical abilities
- Hands-on experience with full suite of software lifecycle tools (Confluence, ALM, Jira, Stash, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.) Experience within Workday or similar SaaS based ERP packages
- Experience with data migration and management projects from beginning to end. Experience with data management activities on a cloud platform is a plus.
- Technical development experience with database programming languages and concepts (e.g. ETL, P/L-SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, etc.)
- Technical development experience with object-oriented programming languages and concepts (e.g. C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Technical development experience with Web Services, SOAP and REST APIs (e.g. XML, XSD, XSLT, J-SON, etc.)
- Familiarity with ERP / Human Resources and Financial data (e.g., Job, Benefits, Time Tracking, Payroll, GL, Invoices, Payments, etc.)
- Data modeling and solution design experience
- Previous consulting experience implementing software solutions
- Ability to accurately scope, adjust when requirements change, and accurately allocate level of effort for tasks.
- Ability to work well with a team of highly talented software professionals in a rapid development environment
- Experience with large data sets.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Two years of related specialty IT experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous IT work lead experience is preferred.
- Previous IT experience in government is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted